14) Slink into a real soft, sad song but close your eyes and think of the beach and bodies on the beach glistening from tanning oil and smiling through over-sized glasses drinking ice-cold beers in skivvies instead of just closing your eyes and letting melancholy cover you. Don’t let the gulls get yer sandwich crusts.
9:01 pm • 5 December 2013 • 1 note
13) Read something (anything) aloud, to others or to yourself. You are enough, you know.
8:35 pm • 5 December 2013 • 6 notes
12) Don’t let a little chill get in the way of outside time.
11:23 am • 26 November 2013
11) Watch Jingle All the Way. “You can’t benchpress your way out of this one”.
10:08 am • 25 November 2013
9) Cats have few problems, so if you need to unload worries, find a cat.
11:49 am • 23 November 2013 • 2 notes
8) Read a book with pictures. Point out silly parts; giggle a whole lot.
10:20 am • 23 November 2013
6) Smile through an oversized hat.
9:54 pm • 17 November 2013
5) Temporarily tattoo yourself and mess up.
12:54 pm • 17 November 2013
4) Take the Lunch Time quiz: match each hungry animal to its food if choice.
7:11 pm • 16 November 2013 • 1 note
3) I’m taking a page out of Ramona’s book today and sharing food with a buddy. I will not be hollering “Baby milk!” into the air while doing so, though.
12:30 am • 14 November 2013
2) Today, let’s add scooting around on the floor to our repertoire of dance moves.
6:20 pm • 13 November 2013
We woke to snow this morning.
Ramona has a cold and so ran to each window excitedly saying,
"Ish Crishmish time!"
May her enthusiasm be catchy!
I’ve been thinking about play lately, and how the older we get the less we play and pretend. Well, we pretend still, but it’s usually pretending that we are fine when room for improvement is getting annexed.
I’ve carried kind of a crippling sadness around with me since I was prepubescent and the more I think about it, it probably started somewhere around the time when an older cousin told me I was too old to play with Barbies. Grow up. Be serious.
I get to play with Ramona Jean 3x a week and even though we spend a lot of time in time out, we have some joyful days together.
In effort to harness winter doldrums, I’m going to make a point to do one child-like thing every day until the season turns reasonable again.
Tune in or accompany, if you like.
1) Marvel at snow.
11:31 am • 12 November 2013 • 1 note
The brief pleasures of Snapchatting with friends who have dogs.
11:33 pm • 10 November 2013